Skyrail and Kuranda Railway Combo
Skyrail and Kuranda Railway Combo
Experience two of the most popular tourist attractions in the Far North. Enjoy the convenience of being picked up from your Cairns accommodation and transferred to Skyrail. The cableway will take you above the forest canopy to enjoy our World Heritage listed Rainforest. Then spend some time exploring Kuranda ‘the village in the rainforest’ before departing on the world famous Kuranda Scenic Railway. This amazing journey will stop at Barron Gorge and cross the impressive Stoney Creek Bridge on its way to Freshwater Station where you will depart the train and be transferred back to your accommodation.
Skyrail is a unique rainforest experience taking you on an unforgettable journey over and through Australia’s World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforest. Marvel at the technology that has created the World’s Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience.
Glide just metres above the canopy in Skyrail’s comfortable six-person gondola cabins, enjoying spectacular views of the rainforest, tropical Cairns, the Coral Sea and the lush Cairns Highlands.
Two rainforest mid-stations, Red Peak and Barron Falls, provide the opportunity to explore and learn about this ancient environment on Ranger guided boardwalk tours and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
On arrival in Kuranda, the village is yours to explore. The vibrant and colourful Heritage markets take place daily.
Your return to Cairns is aboard the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail. Enjoy this spectacular journey comprising unsurpassed views of dense rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls. This famous railway winds its way on a journey of approximately 1 hour 45 minutes from Kuranda, the village in the rainforest, to Freshwater Station where you will board your coach back to your accommodation.
Rising from sea level to 328m, the journey from Kuranda passes through World Heritage protected tropical rainforest, past beautiful and spectacular waterfalls and into the awesome Barron Gorge.
- Return accommodation transfers from Cairns or Port Douglas
- 7.5km Skyrail Rainforest Cableway journey to Kuranda
- Free time in Kuranda (2-3 hours)
- Heritage Markets daily at Kuranda
- 1 hour 45 mins Kuranda Scenic Rail journey back to Freshwater Station
- Kuranda Boarding Pass (preferential seating, pre allocated Skyrail and Train seats- no queuing, detailed itinerary, map and exclusive Kuranda discounts)
- Allow 8 hours
- 8am from Cairns (returns by 4pm) or Port Douglas (returns by 4.30pm)
- Departs from your Cairns or Port Douglas accommodation
- Operates daily all year
- The skyrail journey takes approximately 1.5 hours
- The scenic train ride takes approximately 1 hour 45 minutes
- You will return on the 2pm train from Kuranda. If you wish to spend an extra 1.5 hours in Kuranda please let us know at the time of booking and we will put you on the 3.30pm train
- Each gondola seats up to 6 people
- If you are short on time there is a half day option. See Half Day Skyrail & Kuranda Railway
- Child rates (4-14yrs) and family rates available
- Transfers from Northern Beaches available
- You will have several hours free time to walk around Kuranda
- Food, drinks and gift shops available in Kuranda
- Skyrail provides complimentary umbrellas at both rainforest mid-stations, ensuring guests can maximise their rainforest experience rain or shine
- Tour operated by Value Tours